The symbols are protected by trademarks. Their use is dependent on a contract with GINETEX Switzerland!
Keep yourself up-to-date...
The main objectives of GINETEX Switzerland are as follows:
- To provide information for producers, retailers and sales personnel as well as consumers on the correct handling and care of textiles by using a simple and uniform system of care symbols which does not depend on any language
- To adjust textile labelling continuously to changing technical and ecological requirements
- To adopt binding rules and guidelines for use of the uniform GINETEX symbols, ensure their implementation and verify their use
- To promote and implement the care labelling system at international level with the uniform GINETEX care labelling symbols and prevent divergent solutions
- To ensure legal protection of the series of symbols deposited with the IGE (Federal Institute of Intellectual Property)
- To pay due regard to the interests of the textile industry and of consumers on the global market